Thursday, April 11, 2013

Disney Challenge: The Fox and The Hound

I think this is probably the only Disney movie I don't like. Well, okay, it's not that I don't like it, it's just that I can't watch it because it sends me to the safety of my bed sobbing!! It's a horrible, horrible movie, lol!!

Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

I looked for inspiration everywhere, and finally decided to do like everyone else who has tried to find inspiration in The Fox and The Hound — do their faces.


Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

I started with an almost watercolor background. This is two coats of white that I used saran wrap to dab blue, mint, purple, pink, and yellow over. I loved the old Disney books as a kid; when the images in the books weren't digitally created. Kind of like how it is with the old movies too! This watercolor effect reminds of those, and I love it for this challenge!!


Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

It might have also had something to do with this scene. These are screencaps from the movie that I turned into a collage. See the awesome watercolor effect of the background and the water? You just don't get that with movies now!!


Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

Before starting these nails, I used my morning to create nail art stickers for Tod and Copper. Their faces are all hand-painted, but creating stickers allows me much more freedom since I don't have to keep my hand turned to point of breaking thus allowing for a more precise image.

To create nail art stickers you use a Ziploc bag and put a layer of clear polish down slightly larger than your nail. Let it dry completely! And then you just draw your design over the clear polish and again let it dry completely!! If the image isn't completely dry it will stick to the Ziploc bag and tear, ruining your image.


Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

I thought it was missing something. The sadness of The Fox and The Hound maybe. So I added footprints going in opposite directions. There's so much meaning behind that, but it all boils down to the separation of Tod and Copper. It shows them going in opposite directions, leaving their friendship behind.


Disney nail art Challenge The Fox and The Hound Tod Copper footprints dog character nails Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer watercolor saran wrap stickers freehand hand-painted

Next up: The Little Mermaid. :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the mani! So adorable!! Oh it was such a pity that they had to leave their friendship behind. I was hoping for a happy ending... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty and cool. Your nail art is spot on and I love the inspiration for the watercolor background, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your background, and your faces look great!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?