Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome October

It's the first of October and that means Halloween is fast approaching. Halloween is my favorite holiday, always has been, and I am so excited to get October started right with an awesome post.

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound neon pink glow in the dark Pumpkin Halloween October color swatch

This polish has no name or even a brand listed. It just says Pumpkin Nail Enamel. However, I searched for the distributor and found this polish is from the Phantom Frights collection. It's an awesome neon pink and it glows in the dark. Yes, it glows in the dark!! I have been eyeing glow in the dark polish for months, and I am beyond happy with this polish. The only con is that it is very sheer. This is four coats and you can still see my nail line.

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound neon pink glow in the dark Pumpkin Halloween October color swatch

It also doesn't glow very brightly with four coats. No where near as brightly as it glows in the bottle. That's okay though because it's not hard to build up. It dries very quickly so I could do a few more coats no problem! I made absolutely sure to keep my coats thin and even to prevent streaking. I've had other glow polishes streak and it carries over into the glow. That was the last thing I wanted!

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound neon pink glow in the dark Pumpkin Halloween October color swatch

This is six coats and my nail line has disappeared. The pink has also gotten brighter which I love!

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound neon pink glow in the dark Pumpkin Halloween October color swatch

And with six coats the glow is at full strength!! Seriously, I could barely sleep with this polish on my nails! The glow was so bright I had to curl my fingers under my blanket and even then it still glowed through. I was nearly blinded when I had to rub my eye! This polish glows very brightly with very little exposure to light. It also doesn't fade horribly quickly like other glow polishes I could name.

Wanna know something else great about this polish? It only cost me $2.99 where a brand name glow polish would have cost me at least $4.99!

Will you be wearing glow in the dark polish on your nails for October?

7 comments:

  1. OMG, so cool! I want some!! And I love your "in the dark" pics, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew immediately that I wanted 'in the dark' pics and this polish cooperated beautifully! You really have to get this polish! :)

      Delete
  2. Yayy Halloween is my favorite holiday too! LOVE that this polish actually glows pink, so cool! I need to pick up some of these pumpkin polishes for myself =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to be my new best friend? No one here understands my love of Halloween, lol. :) These polishes are definitely a must have!!

      Delete
  3. I bought this color and a blue one but have not tried them out yet! This color looks great on you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I have this pink one and a glitter glow top coat and I still can't get over how amazing they are. I wanted to pick up more but they were all sold out when I went back so I guess everyone else loves them too. :) If you see them you should definitely buy as many as you can!!

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?