Friday, October 12, 2012

Blog Pink

sweetjellybean.com

I don't know if you know this but October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I think this is something we should all recognize. Breast Cancer Awareness isn't just for survivors or the family of those diagnosed. It's not even just for all women everywhere. While breast cancer among men is rare, it does happen!

In 2012, it is estimated that among U.S. women there will be 226,870 new cases of invasive breast cancer (including new cases of primary breast cancer among survivors). An estimated 2,190 new cases of breast cancer will occur in men. It is also estimated that 39,510 women and 410 men will die of breast cancer this year alone in the United States. In 2010, it was estimated that 1.6 million new cases of breast cancer occurred in women worldwide. This is very real and very life threatening, and it's something that should be important to all of us.


nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound breast cancer awareness Susan G Komen for the cure support pink ribbon french tips glitter campaign October

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I wanted to do a very simple nail art. I wanted this nail art to be something anyone, of any skill level, could do to show their support. I used a very thin coat of Wet n Wild Sugar Coat as my base. Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl was used on the tips of all but my ring finger and topped with a coat of Wet n Wild Sparkled. My ring finger became a standard french tip with the help of LA Colors white and I used Beautiful Girl to create a pink ribbon. This is a very simple design that you won't need any special tools for. If you don't feel comfortable creating your own french tips there are specially created guides (found in the polish/nail tools section of most stores) you can buy or you can use binder re-inforcers (usually found in office supplies). The pink ribbon can be done with a nail art brush, a dotting tool, or even a toothpick.

Go to sweetjellybean.com and pick up your own sidebar badge and post banner so you can blog pink too!

Breast cancer facts from Susan G. Komen for the Cure

2 comments:

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?