Friday, August 10, 2012

On Safari: Elephant Walk

Hello (and goodbye) girlies. I leave early tomorrow morning for a lovely week-long beach vacation, so this is my last blog post until I get back. I'm hoping to stay in contact through my Facebook page though so check there if you need me or just want to see beach pictures. :)


nails nailart nail art Spellbound mani manicure China Glaze On Safari Collection Adventure Red-y Elephant Walk polish nailpolish

First off, painting your nails outside? Not as great as it sounds. Even less so on a hot day. The heat of the day and the cool breeze I enjoyed so much played havoc with this polish. It started drying on the brush after just one swipe onto my nail and bubbled like crazy! I was so disappointed because this is such an amazing color. I wanted to keep it on for at least another day or two, but I just couldn't stand the bubbles.


nails nailart nail art Spellbound mani manicure China Glaze On Safari Collection Adventure Red-y Elephant Walk polish nailpolish

But enough ranting! This is the last polish I own (besides the glitter and I have something special planned for that) from the China Glaze On Safari collection. It's probably my second favorite color, after Exotic Encounters. It looks fairly plain at first being a soft grey creme with a very light silver shimmer. However, upon closer inspection it has a slight leaning towards green in certain lights. As for the shimmer ... well, have a closer look.


nails nailart nail art Spellbound mani manicure China Glaze On Safari Collection Adventure Red-y Elephant Walk polish nailpolish


nails nailart nail art Spellbound mani manicure China Glaze On Safari Collection Adventure Red-y Elephant Walk polish nailpolish

These are an up close look at this silver shimmer in direct sunlight. In shade it's a fairly nondescript silver shimmer, but it comes alive in sunlight.


nails nailart nail art Spellbound mani manicure China Glaze On Safari Collection Adventure Red-y Elephant Walk polish nailpolish

This isn't my best tribal design. I ran out of original ideas after the first two or three polishes of this collection, but I do love how the red of Adventure Red-y looks against the soft shimmery grey of Elephant Walk. It's a striking combination.

3 comments:

  1. I have this color too...it's such a unique grey! And I, too, learned about the folly of painting my nails out by the pool on a hot breezy day ;-) Sure sounded fun in theory, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color reminds me of Sinful Slate. I love all grays though so I may need both :P
    Also, I nominated you for a versatile blogger http://ohthreeohfour.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous grey! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?