Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bite the Bullet

Hello girlies! First off, I want to say sorry for the sparsity of my posts. While the teabag and nail glue holding my torn nail together are still holding up nicely I don't want to push my luck until the nail grows out a bit more.

Still, I'm happy to post a new color swatch today. I'm sure you all know by now that my go to color is purple. Well, this purple is so pretty! It's a good deal lighter than my usual purples but still matched well with my skin tone. This is Wet n Wild, Bite the Bullet.



I tried something new with the pictures this time. While running them through my art program to resize them I also 'oilified' then blurred my skin. It gave it a really weird look!




I'm not exactly sure how to describe this shade. It has so many different 'looks'. In some lights it looks fairly dark, in others it's a beautiful cool purple, but there were times it had a hint of gray. This was completely opaque in two coats, but I'm sure if I went slightly thicker on the coats I could have gotten away with just one. I still adore the new ManiCurve Pro Brush. It gives me so much more control. This mani needed no clean-up! It was so perfect.


It also held up magnificently! I'm hard on my polish so if it lasts past day two I think of it as something of a miracle. Well, Bite the Bullet was on day four with only one or two small chips on the very tips of my fingers that could probably have been prevented with periodic re-coats of my top coat. Most of my nails still had the ends capped.

A lovely color that holds up well? What more could you ask for? Not much, in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. lovely color... looks so good on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley
    you have been awarded
    chek ~ http://www.lipglossaffairs.blogspot.in/2012/05/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?