Monday, March 5, 2012

Yellow Kitty Newspaper Nails

Sorry for the delay guys. I wanted to post this last Friday but came down with a nasty head cold. I just managed to drag myself out of bed today: not completely cured but I'm feeling much better. I'm pleased to say I've brushed up on my book reading skills this weekend, finishing 7 books. It was a nice rest from my usually hectic days ... even if I was sick. Now, onto the post!



Sally Hansen has to be one of my all time favorite nail polishes. It's everywhere— even my small town, the price is great, and it gets the job done beautifully.


I picked up Yellow Kitty at a 75% off sale where I just happened to have a coupon for an additional $1.00 off. It was the last one on the self (a good sign, right?), and I ended up paying only $0.89 for this polish. That's a good thing, a really great thing, because I found myself disappointed. The color is pretty—just about the shade of pale yellow I was looking for. However, after three coats I still didn't achieve full opacity. I'm guessing this is a polish that can't stand on its own and needs to be layered over white ... or maybe have a design layered over it. Yellow Kitty is workable but disappointing on its own.


Flash
I wish you could see these in sunlight, get a clue of just how much sheerness shows, but we've had nothing but snow or rain lately. 


I may be disappointed with the sheerness of Yellow Kitty but I can't talk bad about the Complete Salon Manicure formula. Yellow Kitty went on slightly better than Navy Baby, smoother and with less mess. Though the less mess is probably just because Yellow Kitty is lighter and harder to see smeared across skin. :) I'm just a messy polisher.


With three coats of Yellow Kitty and a top coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri while my nails were still slightly wet, it gave the nails a near mirror shine. Absolutely gorgeous! The Complete Salon Manicure nail polish has it's own rising top coat that I'm guessing bonded with my own top coat to create ten perfectly, ultra shiny nails. I have to admit they look beyond amazing!


After three days, going on four, the nails were still shiny and showed no signs of wear at all. I'm amazed. I'm pretty hard on my nails most days and by this time they always show signs of wear on at least the tips, if not full on chips, usually my thumbs and index nails with slightly less wear on the middle. There was no sign of wear and certainly no chips.


It's going on a full week now and they are still really shiny, not as mirror shined as day three but shinier than they usually are by now (if any polish has ever lasted this long). They also show signs of what I call stress fractures and there are a few minuscule chips near the tips. That said, I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear them for another day or two since they are virtually unseen.


Overall, for all my disappointment over sheerness, I do so love the formula. Besides, once I completed the newspaper nails look over Yellow Kitty the sheerness isn't noticeable anymore. I will definitely be looking into picking up more of the Complete Salon Manicure nail polish and would certainly recommend it to my family and friends.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I was very disappointed with the application for Yellow Kitty. I love your newspaper nails though!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?