Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vintage Inspired

Can I just say thank you for all the wonderfully sweet comments on my Spring mani? I know I don't answer the comments as often as I should, but I just want you guys to know that you really know how to turn a bad day around and make a girl happy!! I treasure each and every comment.


I decided to stick to the theme and do something with flowers again. I know this has been done a thousand times before by others but this is a mani I haven't tried before.  So, I figured, why not give it a try? Vintage inspired, here I come!


Natural Evening Light
I tried to keep everything soft without bright sunlight. It just felt right with these nails.

Yep, that's a broken nail. Both index nails broke yesterday and contributed to my very bad day. Sadly, this hand, my left, is by far the worst. And it just grew out from the last break too!! :(


I did a Google search for vintage and came up with this vintage floral wallpaper. That and the tons of other vintage floral nails are where this idea comes from. With this design, I really don't think I can claim anything as mine since it's all been done before. So I give credit to all the nailers out there who have done this design before me!!

I think I'm finally getting the hang of swirled roses. It only took two days of near non-stop practice.

Is there anything you guys would like to see me do on this blog? I'm open to suggestions. :)

Polish Used
  • Borghese - Brillante
  • Sinful Colors - Beautiful Girl
  • Wet n Wild - French White Creme
  • Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet
  • Sally Hansen - Green With Envy
  • OPI - Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window
  • Hard Candy - Matte-ly In Love

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage mani! I love it! I'm sorry about the broken nails though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! :D Your nails look gorgeous!!!
    What about following each others blogs?
    Would you like to follow mine? I'll follow yours~
    greets
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?